The Washington County Public Library needs YOU! We are rejuvenating the Friends of the Washington County Public Library look forward to our exciting future. An informational meeting of the Friends of the Washington County Public Library will be held at the Library, 210 E. Main Street, on Thursday, February 20, at 5:30 pm.
We know that the community recognizes that a great library is central to a great community. The Friends raise and receive funds for books, equipment, programs and other needs not covered by the library budget.
Every dollar raised is used directly to support the library. Some members support the Friends simply by paying their annual membership dues, while others become more involved by donating their time.
Friends groups have made significant contributions to the life and work of libraries. The Friends offer funding for special programs of community interest, from forums to concerts. Ideas are always welcome. Joining the Friends is your chance to take part in supporting the library in the future.
For the future, the Friends hope to:
• Encourage the community to use and enjoy the library
• Advocate for an excellent library, one equipped with staff, collections and facilities to serve the needs of our expanding community
• Raise funds for materials and programs library recognizes as needs that are not in the budget Promote, through our various book sales, the continued enjoyment of reading high quality books made available at low prices
• Increase membership in the Friends to bring together concerned citizens who appreciate the value of the library and are willing to devote time, energy and thought to accomplish these goals.
Friends of the Library support the library by:
• Increasing awareness of the library in their community;
• Promoting the welfare and growth of the Washington County Public Library;
• Supporting pro-library advocacy at the state and local levels;
• Holding fundraising events such as book sales;
• Sponsoring and staffing a variety library programs and events;
• Helping recruit volunteer members.
Friends of the Library are self-supporting, holding meetings governed by a constitution and by-laws, electing officers, and maintaining their own financial records. Membership is open to anyone interested in helping to enhance library’s mission.
To learn how to become a Friend of the Library, you may contact the Director of the Washington County Public Library at 336-7655 or at email@example.com. Informational brochures and membership forms are available at the Library.
The Washington County Public Library brings fun, knowledge and the community together for all our users’ needs. For more information, contact the Washington County Public Library at 336-7655; find events on our website, www1.youseemore.com/washingtoncountypl/, or “like” us on Facebook for updated information.