Gas leak at judicial center evacuates some local offices
A natural gas leak at the construction site of the new Washington County Judicial Center Friday morning led to the evacuation of some downtown offices. The leak reportedly came as the result of a gas line being struck by a backhoe. At least one business in the area was without power, and the senior citizens center on Cross Main Street had to be closed for its regular lunch. Streets leading to the judicial center were blocked by emergency vehicles as representatives from Atmos Energy examined the leak and were working to cap it off shortly before noon.