For the second year in a row, the Heart of Kentucky Holiday Festival, taking place in Springfield and Lebanon from Dec. 6 to 8 has been named a Kentucky Travel Industry Association top-10 winter/holiday festival.
A panel of judges determined the best wintertime festivals throughout the state for 2013 based on criteria that included popularity of the event, its impact on local tourism and the economy and cultural and historical significance.
Full list of the top winter/holiday festivals in the state:
- Southern Lights 2013, Lexington
- Christmas at the Galt House Hotel, Louisville
- Owensboro Christmas Parade, Owensboro
- Holiday Stroll, Owensboro
- Holiday Forest, Owensboro
- Christmas in the Park, Elizabethtown
- Scuba Santa TM, Newport Aquarium
- Heart of Kentucky Holiday Festival, Lebanon and Springfield
- Kentucky Bluegrass Music Kickoff, Lebanon
Events at this year’s Heart of Kentucky Holiday Festival are expected to include a “Mistletoe and Moonshine” event with refreshments and an open house at Limestone Branch distillery, as well as Ruley’s Santa Claus Land and alpaca farm tours.
The Christmas Crafter’s Market and Bakery, a Kentucky Classic Arts production at Angelic Hall, indoor bull riding for Xmas at XB Arena and the Dickens’ Christmas on Main Street in Lebanon will also be among the featured events at this year’s celebration.
Santa will even be paying a visit to the Lebanon-Springfield Airport and historic log cabin homes in Springfield will be open for tours.
To find out more, visit www.visitlebanonky.com or call (270) 692-0021.