- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Some people have used Facebook to broadcast things they are thankful for each day in the month of November. My wife is one of those people.
I'm not one of those people, but I have thought a lot about things for which I'm thankful during each day that my wife posted something.
What better place to list those things than on a public website, preserved for who-knows-how-long?
OK, here goes, in no particular order:
- My daughter, in general.
- Mornings when my daughter (Emerson) wakes up in a good mood and snuggles in bed until it's time to get up.
- My wife, in general.
- Mornings when my wife (Coury) wakes up in a good mood and snuggles in bed until it's time to get up (Just kidding, my wife is almost always in a good mood).
- My wife's pregnant belly. I can't wait to meet you, Baby No. 2.
- Good family. My wife and I are blessed with good family. Blessed.
- Our home. It's an old home and constantly needs work, but we love it.
- My job. I get to write for you, reader, and what could be more fun than that? I love my job.
- Good food. This ole boy loves good food: eating it, making it, smelling it. Mostly eating it, though.
- Food smells in our house. I'm combining two things I love into one bullet point. To me, nothing feels like home more than the smells of a home-cooked meal lingering in our house.
- Music. I'm not sure I could survive Monday nights at the office without some kind of upbeat music. If you enjoy getting your newspaper on-time on Wednesdays, you should be thankful for music, too.
- Freedom of speech. It kind of makes my job possible. Thank God for the freedom of speech.
That's all, ya'll. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.